DIY repairs

Before you report your repair to us, there are some things you can try that may resolve the issue or stop the issue from become worse. If you can smell gas or suspect a leak, please call Cadent on 0800 111 999 and follow our gas safety advice.

Issue with water

If you have a water leak:

  • Turn off the water supply at the stop tap (usually located under the kitchen sink or at the isolation valve).
  • Prevent the leak from causing more damage by using towels and buckets and turning off nearby electrical equipment at the mains.

Sink blockage

  • Try clearing it using a plunger or a cleaning agent before reporting the fault.

No water at all

  • Check with your neighbours to see if they have the same problem. If they don't have any water, contact your water supplier. If there isn't an issue with their water supply, please contact us.

Issue with electricity

No electricity

  • Check that there is credit on your meter
  • Check with your neighbours to see if they have the same problem. If the electricity to their home is also off, contact your electricity supplier.
  • Reset the trip switch located on the consumer unit (usually near the meter) to see if this resolves the issue.

Electrical fault

  • Do not touch fittings; check the fuse.
  • Replace bulbs and fluorescent tubes following the manufacturer’s instructions.

Central heating issues

Central heating not working?

  • Has the power been switched off accidentally?
  • Has your meter run out of credit?
  • Has the pilot light gone out?
  • Is the timer set correctly ?

Radiators not heating up?

  • Check thermostats.

Read more on how to use your central heating controls.

Locked out of your home

  • If you lock yourself out of the property, you will be charged for the replacement of locks or keys. Why not leave a spare key with a relative or friend for emergencies?

If you have fitted the lock yourself, it is your responsibility. If your property is insecure, it will be treated as an emergency and it may be rechargeable.