Why do I need home contents insurance?

Regenda Homes does not cover your contents as part of the tenancy agreement. It’s a good idea to consider what a home contents insurance policy would cover you for in order to help you make an informed decision on whether you need one.

Contents insurance is designed to help protect your possessions. No matter how careful you are, there’s always a risk that your belongings could be broken, damaged or stolen so home contents insurance can help provide peace of mind should the worst happen.

My Home Contents Insurance

We've teamed up with Thistle Tenant Risks who provide specialist Tenants Contents Insurance policies. My Home Contents Insurance is a specialist insurance scheme provided by Thistle Tenant Risks and all tenants living in social and affordable housing are eligible to apply.

My Home Contents Insurance scheme can offer you insurance for the contents of your home including cover for items such as furniture, carpets, curtains, clothes, bedding, electrical items, jewellery, pictures and ornaments.

Who is this policy for?

Who is this policy for?

Thistle Tenant Risks Contents Insurance has been designed to meet the demands and needs of social housing residents looking to purchase home contents insurance and Thistle have approached a single insurer Ageas Insurance Limited. The cover is subject to the terms, conditions, limitations and exclusions contained in the home insurance policy wording, which you should read carefully.  The premiums and payment methods available are shown on the rate card.  Please note fortnightly and monthly premiums include a transaction change.

If you are unsure whether this insurance policy is right for you please contact Thistle Tenant Risks who will be happy to help with your queries.

Why choose My Home Content Insurance

You can apply over the telephone or complete an application form and there are no excess fees, meaning you don’t pay anything for the first part of the claim. 
The insurance covers:

  • theft, water damage, fire and many other household risks
  • improvements (up to £2000 or 20% of the sum insured, whichever is the greatest)
  • shed contents, outbuildings and garages (up to £2,000)
  • damage to external glazing, (that Regenda does not cover)
  • replacement and installation of locks for outside doors or windows and alarms, if keys are lost or stolen.

You don’t need to have special door or window locks and all postcodes are included, meaning wherever you are in the North West, you can apply. Mt Home Content Insurance also offers flexible pay-as-you-go payment options.

I'd like more information

If you’d like to apply for home contents insurance, you can do so by completing an application form or by calling Thistle Tenant Risks on 0345 450 7288. Alternatively, visit https://www.thistlemyhome.co.uk/ for more information. Prior to completing the application form, please review the Thistle Insurance Services  Terms of Business Agreement and Product Information Document . These documents give you important information on your rights and how we deal with you and your insurance and key information regarding the insurance cover.  Please note that all Tenant Risks business is arranged on a non-advised basis. This means that you will be provided with the key information to be able to make an informed decision on which cover is appropriate for your needs.