Home contents insurance
When you rent a house from us, your rent payment does not include insurance. It is your responsibility to insure your furniture, belongings or decorations against theft, fire, vandalism and burst pipes.
We encourage you to insure your belongings, and can arrange home contents insurance for you through the National Housing Federation My Home Contents Insurance Scheme.
Prices start from
- £2.42 per fortnight for tenants aged under 60, for a £9,000 sum insured
- £1.77 per fortnight for tenants aged 60 and over, for a £6,000 sum insured
By paying an additional premium, you can also include:
- Extended accidental damage cover within the home
(for example, if you were to spill paint whilst decorating)
- Personal possessions cover, including mobiles, anywhere in the UK
- Wheelchairs and hearing aids
- Garden hut, garage and greenhouse structures.
- No excess to pay if you make a claim
- All postcodes included at no added cost
- Pay fortnightly or monthly by cash, monthly by direct debit or annually by cheque.
The cover is new for old cover, which means your belongings would be replaced as new, except for bed linen and clothing. They would be replaced at their current cost less an amount for wear and tear.
To apply for cover over the phone contact My Home on 0345 450 7288.
Or see the application form and premiums specifically for Regenda residents attached. This includes an application form and full instructions on how to apply. It also includes a handy checklist that will help you work out how much cover you need.
Or visit the My Home website: www.thistlemyhome.co.uk
Terms and conditions apply – A full policy wording is available on request.
The National Housing Federation My Home Contents Insurance Scheme is a product name arranged and administered on behalf of the National Housing Federation by Thistle Tenant Risks a trading style of Thistle Insurance Services Limited. Thistle Insurance Services Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Lloyd’s Broker. Registered in England under No. 00338645 Registered office: 68 Lombard Street London EC3V 9LJ. The National Housing Federation is an Appointed Representative of Thistle Insurance Services Limited.
10 good reasons why you should consider getting home contents insurance
- Flexible payment options.
- It's quick and easy to apply.
- It covers fire, theft, flood, water damage and other household risks.
- It covers damage to internal decorations.
- Accidental damage to toilets or washbasins is covered.
- Lost or stolen keys and freezer contents are covered.
- You do not need to have a bank account.
Please contact us if you wish to find out more information.