Regenda Homes Privacy Notice
Regenda Homes is a registered provider of social housing. This privacy notice tells you what to expect when Regenda Homes collects your personal information.
This privacy notice will tell you:
- What information we process and why
- Who we might share your information with
- The lawful basis for processing your information
- How long we will retain your information
- How we keep your personal information safe
- What your rights are
What information does Regenda Homes process
We begin the process of collecting information about you, and if appropriate, your family, when you apply to us for housing either directly or through one of our Choice Based Letting partners. Although the information we collect may vary, typically it may include:
- Contact information, such as name, username (when registering online), address, email address and telephone number
- Your age, gender, date of birth and national identifiers (such as National Insurance number or passport number)
- Information about your employment
- Details of any contact with us, such as complaints or incidents
- Financial details, including bank details and financial circumstances
- Next of kin details
- History of rent payments
- Information in relation to any criminal convictions
- Information about how you use our products and services, such as disrepair claims
- Information on housing need for you and others who live in your household
- Information on adaptations, applications and transfer requests
- Information about how you use our website or other technology, including IP addresses
- Images and footage if you are in the field of vision of any of our CCTV systems
Regenda Homes also collects special category information, including:
- Ethnic origin
- Disability or other health information
- Sexual orientation
We understand that you may not feel comfortable providing some of this information and consider it private. We ask some of these questions to make sure that we do not discriminate against any of our customers and because we recognise that a person’s age, disability, ethnic origin, religion, sexual orientation or medical condition may affect their choice of home, the area they want to live, and the services they need.
Understanding the diversity of our customers is very important to help us work towards providing homes and services that meet everyone’s needs.
If you feel uncomfortable providing this information, you can say no.
Why we need your personal information
We collect your personal information in order to:
- Assess your application for housing
- Provide appropriate properties and services
- Check you are eligible for social housing
- Check you have the right to rent
- Manage your tenancy
- Provide care and support services
- Provide community safety and safeguard individuals
- Contact you about your property and services
- Process payments and reclaim when overdue
- Ensure utility charges are directed to those responsible for paying
- Allow you the opportunity to provide feedback and shape services
- To monitor diversity and equality which helps to tailor services
Sharing your information
We will share your personal information to manage your tenancy and offer appropriate support, which may include:
- People you have authorised to act on your behalf
- The lead tenant if you are not the main tenant but living in the household
- Third party contractors who carry out repairs and maintenance to your home
- Your Local Authority
- Your previous landlord
- Any support agencies you are involved with
- Utility companies
- Experian (credit checker) if you are a former tenant in arrears
- Debt recovery agencies
- Your Councillor, Member of Parliament or Housing Ombudsman Service
where they are representing you and your interests
- Our solicitors to provide advice in relation to your tenancy
- Our insurance providers
- Third party IT providers that enable to us to provide services to you
- Independent research companies to carry out customer satisfaction survey’s
We won’t share your personal information with anyone who claims to represent you unless we are satisfied that you have appointed them, or they act in some recognised official capacity.
In some cases, we may have a duty to disclose your information to:
- The Regulator of Social Housing
- Other Housing Associations
- Department of Works and Pensions
- Fire Services, Health Authorities or medical staff
- The Police and other law-enforcement agencies to perform their duties for the purpose of crime prevention or detection
- Ministry of Housing, Communities & Local Government (MHCLG)*
* For further information on how the Ministry of Housing, Communities & Local Government (MHCLG) uses your personal information, please see a copy of their Privacy Notice.
How we keep your information safe
We apply appropriate security measures to ensure your personal information is secure.
When we need to share your information with contractors or third parties, we have data sharing agreements with them that sets out their responsibilities.
To help ensure confidentiality of your information we will ask you (and any of your representatives) security questions to confirm your identity. We will not discuss your personal information with anyone other than you, unless you have given prior consent by completing an Authorisation form.
Authorisation forms are reviewed every two years to ensure they are valid.
How long do we keep your personal information
We retain information for different timescales based on the following criteria:
- How long you have been a customer and when your tenancy ends
- If there is a time period set by law
- Any recommended time periods set by our regulators
If you would like further information about how long we keep certain types of information, please contact email@example.com
Lawful basis for processing your information
Regenda Homes will use one or more of the following reasons to lawfully process your information:
- Contract: It is necessary for assessing your tenancy application or operating your tenancy agreement
- Consent: You have given your explicit consent
- Legitimate Interest: It is in the legitimate interest of Regenda Homes or a third party
- Legal Requirement: It is required by law
Legitimate interest is one of the legal reasons we may process your information. Taking into account your interests, rights and freedoms, we have carried out Legitimate Interest Assessments which allow us to:
- Communicate with you to keep you updated on our services.
- Retain and process next of kin and emergency contact details.
- Carry out customer surveys with a third party to help us improve services to you.
- Offer you further support, including referrals to external agencies, to help you stay in your home.
- Trace former tenants regarding arrears.
- Supply your details to utility companies when you move in and out of your home to ensure correct payment of utility bills.
- Record some telephone calls for the purpose of monitoring quality and training.
- Operate CCTV in and around some of properties and offices.
We may use your personal information to send you marketing information by post, phone, through social media, email and text message.
We can only use your personal information to send you marketing material if we have your permission or we have a legitimate interest as described above.
If you do not want to receive marketing from us, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to update your contact preference.
With your consent we may also use your images and video footage (including interviews) to promote Regenda Homes services.
Images and footage may be published on any of the following channels:
- press and media (including newspapers, magazines, websites)
- on our websites (including Petrus and Regenda)
- on our social media feeds including LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and other corporate social media accounts in the future
- in our printed publications such as newsletters, brochures, flyers and display materials
- in our electronic newsletters
- Media releases
The images/footage will often be accompanied by the details of your story, however, we will not use personal details or full name of any individual in an article.
If you no longer wish for your image or personal information to be used, please contact email@example.com and ask us to remove them from the archive. Please note that we will be unable to remove any images or content in printed materials or video footage if it has already been produced or remove images and quotes that have already been published by the media.
We use a third-party provider, MailChimp, to deliver our monthly e-newsletters. We gather statistics around email opening and clicks to help us monitor and improve our e-newsletter.
Subscribers to the list give consent to receive the newsletter and can easily un-subscribe at the bottom of each email.
We only hold the following date on subscribers:
- If they are a resident of Regenda or not
Subscribers consent to giving us this information when they sign up.
People who call our Customer Contact Centre
When you call Regenda Homes Customer Contact Centre, these calls are recorded for training and monitoring purposes. We use this information to help improve efficiency and effectiveness.
Our Customer Contact Centre can offer a translation service for customers when English is not their first language, this is provided by a third-party company, Language Line Solutions. This company does not retain any information from the calls or record them.
Regenda retains calls to the Customer Contact Centre for 3 months.
People who contact us via social media
We use a third-party provider, Hootsuite to manage our social media interactions.
If you send us a private or direct message via social media, the message will not be shared with any other organisation.
Regenda retains social media messages for 3 months.
People who use our LiveChat service
We use a third-party provider, VerseOne, to supply and support our LiveChat service, which we use to handle customer enquiries in real time.
If you use the LiveChat service we will collect your name, email address (optional) and the contents of your LiveChat session. This information will not be retained.
You can request a transcript of your LiveChat session if you provide your email address at the start of your session or when prompted at the end.
Visitors to our websites
Regenda Homes uses a third-party service to help maintain the security and performance of the Regenda Homes website. To deliver this service it processes the IP addresses of visitors to the Regenda Homes website. This information is not used for identifying purposes, except for investigation if an intrusion occurs.
Your Data Protection Rights
You have the following data protection rights:
Right of access: If we hold personal information about you, you have the right to access and receive a copy.
You can make a request verbally or in writing, including via social media.
A third party (e.g., relative, friend or solicitor) may make a request on your behalf, however, we require written authority from yourself stating that you give the third-party permission to make this request on your behalf.
We have one month from the date we receive your request to provide you with the information.
Right to rectification: If you think that Regenda is holding incorrect personal information about you, you have the right to have this personal information corrected.
Right to erasure: the right to have certain information about you erased.
Right to restrict processing: the right to request the limited use or restriction of your personal information in certain circumstances.
Right to object: the right to object to the processing of your personal information where we are processing for our or a third parties’ legitimate interest, or we use your information for direct marketing.
Right to data portability: the right to have your personal data transferred to another data controller. For example, if you move home, Regenda Homes will transfer your data to another housing provider.
Complaints or Queries
Regenda Homes aims to meet the highest standards when collecting and using personal information. For this reason, we take any complaints we receive very seriously. We encourage people to bring it to our attention if they think that our collection or use of information is unfair, misleading or inappropriate. We would also welcome any suggestions for improving our procedures.
This privacy notice was drafted with brevity and clarity in mind. It does not provide exhaustive detail of all aspects of Regenda Homes collection and use of personal information. However, we are happy to provide any additional information or explanation. Any requests for this should be sent to the address below.
If you have a query or want to make a complaint about the way we have processed your personal information, you can contact us at:
42 Henry Street
Call us on: 0151 703 3000
If you are not satisfied with our response or believe we are not processing your personal data in accordance with the law, you can make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).
To find out how to contact the ICO, visit their website: https://ico.org.uk/
Changes to this privacy notice
We keep our privacy notice under regular review. This privacy notice was last updated on 5 July 2021.