If you need financial advice or support, we can help. Our dedicated Financial Support Officers offer free, impartial advice and help to residents.
In 2019/20, we helped 1,200 Regenda residents secure an additional £1.5 million in benefits and grants. This was money that they did not know they were entitled to and was used to improve lives and sustain tenancies.
Of the £1.5 million:
- £417,000 was in Universal Credit awards
- £490,000 was in Housing Benefit awards
- £397,000 was in disability and sickness benefits
- £61,000 was in state pention and pension credit awards
- £63,000 was awarded towards Council Tax Support
We also secured grants worth £58,000.
We provide support on a wide range of financial issues, including:
- Benefits advice and help to apply for these (online, form filling, telephone applications etc)
- Benefit appeals and challenging incorrect decisions (including sanctions)
- Specialist support with Universal Credit (including making a claim, changes in circumstances, and checking that awards have been worked out correctly)
- Grants to help with urgent needs such as rent arrears, or essential household items
- Support with utility debts (gas, electric and water)
- Budgeting advice
- Advice on opening a bank account
- Signposting to the appropriate advice provider for free, confidential debt advice
If you are experiencing financial difficulties, please call our Financial Inclusion Team on 0344 7360066. They can provide advice and support and may be able to access additional benefits for you.
If your income has been affected by Coronavirus (COVID-19) and you would like more information on the government support available to you, please visit: www.understandinguniversalcredit.gov.uk/coronavirus
Help moving from benefits to work
If you're looking to get back in to work or want to set up your own business, our employment and skills team can help get you started, whether you need information on apprenticeships, work experience and volunteering or help writing a CV, preparing for an interview or putting together a business plan.