If you need financial advice or support, we can help.
Our dedicated Financial Support Officers offer free, impartial advice and help to residents with the following issues:
- Benefits advice and help to apply for these (online, form filling, telephone applications etc)
- Benefit appeals and challenging incorrect decisions (including sanctions)
- Specialist support with Universal Credit (including making a claim, changes in circumstances, and checking that awards have been worked out correctly)
- Grants to help with urgent needs such as rent arrears, or essential household items
- Support with utility debts (gas, electric and water)
- Budgeting advice
- Advice on opening a bank account
- Signposting to the appropriate advice provider for free, confidential debt advice
New Regenda tenants will receive a financial health check. This helps to ensure that they are getting the right benefits and that support is provided from the start of the tenancy wherever it is needed.
Help moving from benefits to work
If you're looking to get back in to work or want to set up your own business, our employment and skills team can help get you started – whether you need information on apprenticeships, work experience and volunteering or help writing a CV, preparing for an interview or putting together a business plan.