If you are finding day to day living in your property difficult, we might be able to help. We want to make sure our residents can remain independent in their own home for as long as possible. 


Minor adaptations

We can provide minor changes to your home, which are available through referral to our qualified assessors. You do not need to provide any medical evidence for a minor adaptation, which may include work such as -

  • Grab rails.
  • Minor changes to ramp access.
  • Flashing doorbells.
  • Improvements to telecare.
  • Lever taps.

our team of contractors and qualified assessors are sensitive to the needs of our residents living with disabilities, and are ready to help with any enquiries. Please contact us for more information.


Major adaptations

If you or your family have a disability and require major changes to your home, a Disabled Facilities Grant (DFG) can offer financial support towards the cost of work. You claim this through your local council, and includes work such as - 

  • Accessible showers.
  • Stair lift for above the ground floor.
  • Major changes for ramp access.

As long as the request meets the conditions set out in the Adaptations Policy, we will work with local councils to agree on making these changes to your home.


How is a DFG calculated?

The amount of grant you receive will depend on your financial and personal circumstances.

The maximum grant is £30,000, but the council has the discretion to pay in excess of this. Each case is assessed on its own merit. For more information on DFGs, see Disabled Facilities Grant.


Adaptations process

This is the usual process for receiving your adaptations.

1 Contact your local council to apply for a DFG. 
2 An Occupational Therapist will visit you in your home to assess your needs and the suitability of your home.
3 If a DFG is needed, the Occupational Therapist will send a referral to your local council. The council will assign you a technical officer who will check that the proposed works meet your needs, are feasible, reasonable and practical, depending on the age and condition of your home.
4 The council's Adaptations Priority Panel will assess applicants who are in the greatest need.
5 Once your application has been given a priority level, the council will notify you (usually by letter) updating you on the status of your application.
6 When the council are ready to progress your application, they will contacy Regenda Homes. You home may be visited by a surveyor before any work can be approved.
7 If your application to adapt your home meets the conditions set out in the Adaptations Policy, Regenda Homes will approve the works and give permission to the council
8 The council will allocate a contractor to carry out works.
9 The adaptation will be installed in your home.
10 The council or Regenda Homes may seek customer feedback following the completion of the work.


Independent Age video