Young parent support
We provide supported accommodation to young people, who need housing related support. We aim to enable young parents with a range of needs, to move on and live independently in permanent accommodation, where you can enjoy the peace of mind that comes from living in a safe and secure home.
Our accommodation offers an out of hours telephone service, CCTV monitoring system, communal lounge, and a large rear garden.
Our support is available to young parents and pregnant women, who -
- are aged 16 to 25
- have a child or are pregnant
- have a parental responsibility for a child or children
- are lone parents
- are homeless or threatened with homelessness
- are in need of tenancy related support
- have independent living as an identified and achievable goal.
We work with each young parent to agree an individual tailored support plan, which reflects their needs, aims, goals and aspirations. If offered the service, the young parent then agrees the support plan with their nominated support worker. This may include support with -
- maintaining their tenancy agreement
- making friends with neighbours, and maintaining a positive relationship
- help with budgeting, managing debt, and claiming benefits
- achieving independence
- contact with other support services such as housing, midwives, health visitors and children's centres
- referrals to other housing services or specialist support services.
When accepted, each young parent signs a tenancy agreement, which sets out their obligations, and those of Regenda Homes.
Young parent lives independently thanks to Regenda Homes
Thanks to our Young Parent support service, a resident now has the confidence and life skills to live independently. Read her story here.
We have a young parent support scheme in Chorley, which provides fully furnished, two-bedroom self-contained homes with housing related support.
The usual length of stay can be up to two years, depending on circumstances.
We ensure that our young parent supported homes are -
- in a good quality building
- managed to a high standard
- cost effective and provide value for money.