Young parent support
Our young parents scheme is based in Chorley, Lancashire, and provides supported accommodation to young parents, giving them the skills and support needed to live independently.
Our accommodation offers onsite support and out of hours telephone service, CCTV monitoring system, communal lounge and a large, shared garden.
Support is available to young parents and pregnant women, who:
- are aged 16 to 25
- have a child, have parental responsibility for a child or children or are pregnant
- are lone parents
- are homeless or have been threatened with homelessness
- are in need of tenancy related support
- have independent living as an identified and achievable goal.
We work with each young parent to agree an individual tailored support plan, which reflects their needs, aims, goals and aspirations, and may include support with:
- maintaining their tenancy agreement
- making friends with neighbours and maintaining a positive relationship
- help with budgeting, managing debt and claiming benefits
- achieving independence
- contact with other support services, such as housing, midwives, health visitors and children's centres
- referrals to other housing services or specialist support services.
The usual length of stay can be up to two years, depending on circumstances.