If you want to move out, you must give us four weeks’ notice in writing (please contact us if you need help with this).
We will arrange for a housing officer to visit you and inspect the property. If you’ve caused any damage or made alterations without permission, they will let you know how you can put them right before you leave.
When you leave the property please make sure:
- Your rent account is clear.
- You have taken meter readings.
- The property is clean, tidy and clear of all your belongings and rubbish.
- Keys are put in keysafe provided before 12pm on the Monday after your tenancy ends.
More information can be found in our Moving Out leaflet.
Moving home checklist
Don’t forget to contact the following when you move home:
- Gas, electric and water companies.
- Telephone, internet, TV and satellite providers.
- Your previous and new local authority to update Council Tax and Housing Benefit.
- Post Office for redirecting mail.
- TV licence.
- Insurance and breakdown recovery companies.
- Banks, credit unions and building societies.
- Credit card and store card companies.
- Your doctor, dentist, hospital, optician, vets.
- Your employer, Department of Work and Pensions (DWP), HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC).
- Your children’s schools or college.
- Pension providers.
- Home care and other support providers.