An Introduction to place-making
This two-hour interactive workshop is targeted at those involved in place-based approaches. It helps them find out what the ingredients of places are and the role that they can have in supporting communities to regenerate themselves.
The workshop highlights relevant issues that face practitioners as prompts to help thinking, discussion and debate. We share best practice and advice. The attendees then take part in a fun activity where they are asked to ‘make their own place’ in a memorable way, applying place-making principles to making an Italian salad!
Clients have included:
- Community and resident groups
- Regenda Homes internal teams
- Lancashire Sport Partnership
- Lancashire Housing Associations.
Why choose this workshop?:
- Learn more about the importance of communities and places
- Understand the ‘ingredients’ of a good place
- Find out about how you can improve your communities and places
- Get a better understanding of your own role in regenerating places
- Generate ideas for how we can do things better.
What customers have said:
“I had no idea was place-making was. Now I know how my work as a Project Manager contributes towards regenerating places. It was really memorable and enjoyable!” Relationship Manager, Lancashire Sport Partnership
“I don’t work in regeneration. I didn’t think so anyway… now I realise that I am making a difference to places…” Financial Inclusion Officer, Regenda Group
Chris Standish, Regeneration and Place Manager. 0151 703 3512. Christopher.email@example.com