Welcome to Lighthouse View, a brand new Extra Care development in Fleetwood coming autumn 2019.
Lighthouse View is on Chatsworth Avenue in Fleetwood. It will have 72 high quality one-bedroom and two-bedroom apartments to rent for people aged 55 and over.
It has been designed to be a welcoming, friendly and social environment that provides comfort, safety and security.
The location is excellent, it’s a short stroll to your nearest health centre, GP, bus routes and a variety of shops. The waterfront is a 10-minute walk away, where you can take in the fantastic coastal views and enjoy the seaside.
An active independent lifestyle is important in enabling older people to lead healthier lives. Lighthouse View offers a wide range of facilities and activities that residents can use and join in, as and when they wish to. Features include:
- Relaxing residents’ lounge with regular social activities
- Café and restaurant that provides hot and cold meals and drinks throughout the day
- Therapy, salon and wellbeing treatments
- Large residents’ gardens
- Assisted bathing options, if required (each apartment also has its own walk-in shower)
- And much more.
Each apartment is spacious, luxurious and comfortable. It includes:
- Lounge and dining area
- Fitted kitchen units with oven, hob and extractor fan
- Bathroom with a walk-in shower
- Ground floor apartments have an outdoor terrace
- Upper floor apartments have a balcony
- Some apartments have views of the gardens.
The apartments offer residents the privacy of their own home with access to the great community facilities that Lighthouse View has to offer.
What is Extra Care?
Extra Care provides a safe and secure living environment for over 55’s who want to enjoy their independence with care and support available, as and when they need it.
Extra Care is known to improve residents’ quality of life and reduce feelings of loneliness and isolation. This is because of the way Extra Care schemes are designed, with onsite facilities, regular social activities and staff available 24 hours a day which creates a strong, caring and supportive community.
The planned care you receive at the scheme will adapt to your needs if they change over time, meaning there is less chance of you having to move home if your care needs increase.
This video shows you what an Extra Care scheme looks like and what its residents think about it.
Benefits of Extra Care
- Provides peace of mind, safety and security
- Reduces loneliness
- Provides flexible, personalised care
- Helps to maintain independence
- Improves physical and mental health
- Provides affordable ways of keeping warm
- Reduces the need to go in to hospital or a care home
- Helps to increase recovery time from periods of ill-health.
Lighthouse View could be your next home if you’re over the age of 55 with a care or support need. A support need could be that you are living in a house that you are struggling to maintain, or that you feel isolated.
Want to find out more?
If you or a family member is interested in Lighthouse View, we will be holding an open day on Wednesday 20 March 2019 from 12pm to 4pm at the North Euston Hotel, Fleetwood, FY7 6BN.
Staff will be available to show you more details of the scheme and help you to fill in an application form.
You can also fill in the form below, call us or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.